[ExI] green flag on tesla robocars

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:27:42 UTC 2016

On 21 September 2016 at 01:19, Dan TheBookMan  wrote:
> Seems a bit early to lock in minimum standards.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock has a good description:
<https://mishtalk.com/2016/09/20/dot-embraces-self-driving-vehicles/>

Quote:

Four Mish Conclusions

1. The Department of Transportation (DOT) fully embraced self-driving
vehicles. There is no other interpretation.

2. DOT will set the rules. There will not be a patchwork of
state-by-state regulations. States will only retain licensing,
insurance, and speed limit regulations.

3. DOT expects, as do I, that HAVs will address and mitigate the
overwhelming majority of crashes. DOT notes that 94 percent of crashes
can be tied to a human choice or error.

4. My long-stated timeframe for millions of long-haul trucking jobs to
vanish by the 2022-2024 is likely too distant.

The Fed is on the verge of getting the major productivity boost it
seeks. Will it like the result?