[ExI] right to try bill

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Sep 27 00:47:21 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On …

 …

>>… When the people fear the government there is tyranny.  When the government fears the people there is liberty.

>…The possibility that civilians may have guns wouldn't deter the government from sending police and soldiers out to subdue them, if that's what they wanted to do…--  Stathis Papaioannou

They want to, I can assure you.  The reason the government doesn’t send police and soldiers to subdue the people is that if they tried that, then they are no longer the government. That’s why the constitution is designed the way it is: should the government violate our rights, it isn’t the government anymore.  Ours is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.  The soldiers and police are on our side.