[ExI] Johnson has ANOTHER "Aleppo moment"!

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:34:56 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:42 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrot
​e:​

> ​>>…If these guys can balance the budget
>
> >…Like Bill Clinton did?
>

> > Like Newt Gingrich did?  Actually neither of them did: it was accounting
> tricks.  They robbed Social Security by moving welfare cases to SS
> disability.

​That is incorrect, even if you ignore Social Security there was *STILL* a
surplus ​
of $1.9 billion in  1999 and $86.4 billion in 2000
​, Clinton's​

​last year.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/

> ​>
>> ​> ​
>> …Face it Spike, thanks to Johnson the Libertarians ​are getting the
>> reputation as the silly party, not to be confused with the Republicans who
>> now will forever be known as the stupid party.
>

> ​>
>> John what kind of reputation do you think Hilliary has given her party?

​The Democratic party will have s reputation for nomination somebody
knowing ​what Aleppo is and being able to name a foreign leader, several in
fact.

> ​>
>> ​> ​
>> The budget deficit ​is not a pressing issue, although a case could be
>> made that it's too small

​> ​
> What happens when interest rates go back up?  With a debt this size, we
> will devour our entire revenue just paying interest.  This will not be good.

​If the government is ever going to borrow money, as its been doing nearly
every year since 1835, then now is certainly the time to do it when
interest rates are almost zero.​

​

 John K Clark