[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:12:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I know better than to argue with you, but I want to note that your have
> not presented experimental data but a somewhat cherry-picked observation.

​Jason, my heart is with libertarianism, if I was in the cherry picking
business I'd pick statistics it cast it in a favorable light, but I value
my brain and the scientific method more than I value any political system,
even libertarianism.   ​

​> ​
> I agree that the US would likely be better off with single payer, but I
> disagree with using your single statistic as the basis of reaching such a
> conclusion.

​It's not a single statistic!!! It's comparing the results of a multi
trillion dollar healthcare policy in 31 countries involving a billion
people over a period of decades, and the more libertarian policy did NOT
come out on top. That is not an opinion and it's not a alternative fact,
it's just a fact supported by a mountain of data. As a libertarian I wish
the data had told us something else but as a rational man I refuse to argue
with reality; after all intelligence means adapting to changing
information.

  John K Clark