[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:37:29 UTC 2017

A robot can't be built by a tornado.  Natural selection on earth is not
comparable to a tornado.  Consciousness breeds consciousness.

So I would say that any tornado that builds consciousness it conscious.
IMHO, every tornado is conscious anyway, but not sapient which I feel like
people here and everywhere routinely swap with sentience as they see fit.

Regarding the Chinese Room, now you're just talking about who believes in a
god and who doesn't.  I happen to be a pantheist/panentheist.  I believe
that the conscious godhead splits itself into pieces (originally two, at
least in the case of our universe) and those pieces lose the infinite
knowledge of that god, so they seek each other out through dialectical
materialism.

I still think you are missing the point.  Thought experiments are flawed
because they are created by conscious beings.  You're leaving out the
important fact that we humans on this list are affecting the ontology of
your thought experiment.