[ExI] another modest proposal

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed Apr 5 02:33:07 UTC 2017

Or, you offer them $80,000, which gets them a neurocryopreservation by
Alcor at a pre-arranged time (given your conditions). Saves a huge amount
of money AND LIVES.

Not going to happen anytime soon, but maybe one day...

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> First, we aim for getting legislation passed in all states allowing
> assisted suicide.
>
> Second, depending on the status of their illnesses, we offer each suicide
> a sum, say $50,000, if they will suicide. Given how much money is spent on
> health care in the last few months of life, this could save billions.
>
> It would attract those who are broke, would break their family's finances
> if they stayed alive all the way to a natural death, and want to leave
> something behind for their families.
>
> What if they are not ill?  So what?  It's their life.  However,only small
> amounts would be paid to them since they are not saving health care costs,
> at least not right away.
>
> After they suicide, we feed them to the poor.  Wait.  First we have to
> establish that eating people is a mandatory form of a new religion, which,
> like L Ron Hubbard, we will invent.  I'll leave it to Spike to find a good
> name for them.
>
> Only one of these ideas is tongue-in-cheek.  Guess.
>
> bill w

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
http://www.amazon.com/Transhumanist-Reader-Contemporary-Technology-Philosophy/dp/1118334310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372225570&sr=1-1&keywords=the+transhumanist+reader
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation