[ExI] ai doesn't write this

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 17:23:29 UTC 2017

On 28 April 2017 at 17:48, spike  wrote:

> If you hear hype about an AI having written this script, read carefully what
> is being claimed.  If you view it you know immediately an AI didn’t write
> this.  An AI was used to generate some of the dialog, but it is perfectly
> clear a human wrote it:
>
> https://youtu.be/5qPgG98_CQ8
>
> Question: why is it so clear a human wrote this?

Depends on how you define 'written'.   :)

The AI didn't start with just a dictionary.

The long description of how it was done is here. --
<https://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2017/04/an-ai-wrote-all-of-david-hasselhoffs-lines-in-this-demented-short-film/>

Quotes:
Like its predecessor Sunspring, It's No Game was made as part of the
48 Hour Film Challenge at the Sci-Fi London Film Festival.
Put simply, the algorithm learns to create long sentences based on
learning rules from a corpus of writing. In this case, the corpuses
were comprised of dialogue taken from several collections of films and
television series.
One of the models, called the Soliloquizer, was also used in Sunspring
to generate the final, ultra-strange speech; it was trained on the
Cornell Movie Dialogues Corpus.

The other models were based on David Hasselhoff shows Knight Rider and
Baywatch ("Hoffbot"), Shakespeare ("Robobard"), Golden Age Hollywood
("GoldenAge-O-Matic"), and Aaron Sorkin ("Sorkinator").
--------

So the AI re-assembled sentences from show and film scripts.
I suppose you could say it was a combination of human and AI.

BillK