[ExI] found it!

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:36:15 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:17 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Cool!  Neutrinos detected using a cool new instrument:
>

> https://www.livescience.com/60058-neutrinos-never-before-
> seen-interaction.html?utm_source=notification
>

> We have to wait for independent verification of course, but Live Science
> has been a pretty good source.  If this turns out to be correct, Collar’s
> group is deeeeep into Nobel Prize territory.

​I agree. Unless somebody makes a 100 Qbit quantum computer before then I
think the LIGO people should get the physics Nobel in 2017 and ​Collar’s
group in 2018. Both are masterpieces of experimental science.

It occurs to me that the military might be interested in Collar's work, his
neutrino detector is very small light and portable, and nuclear reactors
produce lots and lots of neutrinos, and nuclear submarines have nuclear
reactors....

John K Clark