[ExI] the gray man - author Asimov

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:44:53 UTC 2017

Starting reading Foundation after about 40 years since first reading.
Still good, still interesting.

But it's all shades of gray:  nothing, or extremely little about nature,
love, sex, descriptions of people, rooms, colors.  Emotions are nearly
totally absent.  There is no action in the sense of fighting, war, etc.
There is no character development at all.

In fact there is nothing much but political ploys.  I wonder, what with all
the really good writers we have today, if this style would sell at all,
much less be hailed as Hall of Fame stuff.

Did this man live only in his intellectual head?  He did have a lot of that.

bill w