[ExI] attn: spike esp. - robot teachers

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Aug 28 19:39:52 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Subject: [ExI] attn: spike esp. - robot teachers

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/26/opinion/sunday/good-robot-teacher-secrets.html

bill w

Hi BillW, great article, thanks, I agree with much of it.  I disagree with the premise, in the first line:

>…Why is educational technology such a disappointment?

It isn’t.  Or isn’t now: good educational tech was a long time coming.  But now, the online sources are available and it is excellent indeed.

We have had teachers who are emotionally engaging, and those who gave lectures up front like graven image, so most of us will agree with the article.  But the free tech education available today is a mind-blower.