[ExI] alpha zero

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 7 02:10:23 UTC 2017

DeepMind, the same outfit which made the learning Go program is now claiming
they did the same trick with chess.  I don't know if I believe it (rather I
vaguely do not believe it) but it is being reported on a very reliable chess
site:

https://en.chessbase.com/post/the-future-is-here-alphazero-learns-chess

They are claiming that it learned from only the rules of chess in 24 hours.
I just don't see how it could have mastered the collective human experience
over more than 500 years in 24 hours.

If Deep Mind really did this, it's the most impressive computer learning
feat I have ever seen.