[ExI] alpha zero

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:32:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:42 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> They played Stockfish, which is a very highly respected program with a
> lotta lotta programmed-in chess wisdom.

​And out of 100 games when playing white ​
against Stockfish AlphaGo won 25 games, and when playing black it won 3
games, ​
AlphaGo
​ lost no games, the remaining 72 games were ties.  And it learned how to
do this in less than a day. By the way, from these results i
t looks like having the first move i
​s​
a inherent advantage
​ in Chess.​
​

​>​
> I still haven’t convinced myself it is true.

​If this is a hoax it's a very elaborate one the likes of which we haven't
seen since the cold fusion fiasco. ​

​And the hoax would involve a huge company like Google and that doesn't
seem very likely.​

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.01815v1.pdf

​John K Clark ​