[ExI] alpha zero

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:15:42 UTC 2017

Spike-

It didn't actually look at existing records.  It played 44 million new
games against itself, and when one opponent one resoundingly, that one was
selected as the best overall algo (simplifying a bit).  Basically you have
a neural net optimizing for best strategy to win a game based on the rules,
and evolving an algo based on continued feedback to the system.  It was sui
generis though, no historical games were used.