[ExI] alpha zero

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 8 21:38:30 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike

>…The king on g8, from where he has just moved to h8.  With king on g8, it is black to play.

>…My human eye suggests f5 would give black a fighting chance at a draw, 30%-ish perhaps.  Spike

OK I worked on this from my own board, and now I change my assessment.  After f5, I now think black has a good chance of at least a draw in this awful position, 50% or better.  I am having a hard time seeing how StockFish could have played Kh8 in any of its versions regardless of the platform and settings.

f5 picks up a knight for the pawn, then once one of the black knights is sacked back, the position no longer puts the ug in ugly.

DeepMind has some esplainin to do?