[ExI] letter

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:22:09 UTC 2017

1.6% of college football players make it to the pros.  So what?  So after
perhaps making tens of millions of dollars for their schools winning
conference titles, bowl games, the vast majority of the players graduate
having gotten mostly nothing in return.

It is time to pay the players.  Where else do we see employees contribute a
great deal to the organization's bottom line and get a pittance in return?

The idea that they are amateurs is ludicrous.  Even the Olympic
organization got the right idea on that awhile back.  How much has Michael
Phelps put in the bank?

It is not a question of having the money. It's a question of sharing it.
The players and coaches earned it.  The coaches certainly get their share
and their schools too.  The real money makers get next to nothing -
tuition, books, a very few spending dollars.

This blatant hypocrisy needs to stop.  This is slave labor, isn't it?
Where else can they market their skills?  Nowhere.

Outside of actual slavery, I can't think of another situation that is this
unfair.  Absolutely unAmerican.

William F. Wallace
Brandon MS