[ExI] letter

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 18:58:54 UTC 2017

On Dec 15, 2017, at 10:00 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> spike wrote - Good athletic talent costs money.  The more talent, the more it costs, and the more tickets the college makes.  It really is first-tier professional sports.  The players are already paid what they cost.
>
> ---------
>
> But not what they are worth.  bill w

Spike pointed out that it’s supply and demand. I think the same is generally true across the entertainment industry: lots of people _want_ to do it, so the supply is quite high (compared with other activities). (I stress “want” because that’s unlike slavery. Slaves didn’t want to work on plantations in Jamaica and the South. In fact, they had to be guarded from running away.)

A bigger problem might be that too many people believe that they can be part of that tiny percentage that are able to make a paying career out of this. (And I’m sure many do it for love of the activity. But I’ve seen so many who seem to really think they have a chance here.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my latest Kindle book "Sand Trap":
http://mybook.to/SandTrap