[ExI] letter

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 15 20:22:21 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan

Subject: Re: [ExI] letter

On Dec 15, 2017, at 10:02 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com <mailto:foozler83 at gmail.com> > wrote:

>>>…dan - (Frankly, I’ve never understood why education and sports are so tightly linked together.)

>>…It's a guy thing - macho.

>…Why isn’t hunting part of higher education then? That’s usually considered macho… Dan

It is, depending on how one defines the term “higher.”  When I went to high school in the deep south tragically many years ago, some of the students drove jacked-up pickup trucks, gun rack in the back window with a coupla shootin arns.  If one did that today, it would cause an immediate lockdown or panicked evacuation.  There was a good duck-hunting lake near that school where guys would sometimes go out and pop a few tasty foul before school.

One can also play a bit with the definition of the term hunting.  I spent much of my time in my third year of college hunting for a bride.  Found her, married her, still married to her a third of a century later.  She was far more valuable than the education I took out of there.