[ExI] Forbidden Words

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 18:25:20 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com
> wrote:

​> ​
> Nobody except John has given evidence of reading a book I have posted
> about,

​
I've also read
​ ​
Doudna's book "A Crack in Creation",  CRISPR in which she was instrumental
in developing has revolutionized genetic editing
​ ​
so I'd be surprised if she doesn't win the Nobel Prize in the next year or
two. It also makes Gene Drive feasible which means for the
​ first
​ ​
time
​ ​
we have the power to make a species like the mosquito go extinct.
Government agencies have been wringing their hands over actually using it
but every minute they delay mosquitos kill another 2 people and cause 4 or
5 more to become very sick. Fortunately some non governmental agencies are
starting to show an interest.

> ​> ​
> this is a proper for forum for anything that doesn't bring everyone down
> on him
>
> At one time this list had only 2 rules, don't be boring and don't be
stupid.

> > So, Spike,  You have no reason to apologize to anyone

​Yes, I disagree with Spike about politics from time to time but I think
without Spike this list would have died several years ago, and he's just
about the most optimistic and even tempered person I know. ​No apology
needed Spike!

​> ​
> ​ (like we did John, and he backed off)​
> .  Or her.​

​
Or it. Chess and GO programs aren't the only programs that have improved,
chatbots
​ ​
have too.

John K Clark