[ExI] UFOs again or AAVs for the first time

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 17 20:36:14 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Stuart LaForge
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:26 AM
To: Exi Chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] UFOs again or AAVs for the first time

>...It has just occurred to me that the footage I posted could be be part of
an elaborate hoax by the aerospace contractors in order to elicit funding
from congress under the pretense of "keeping up with the aliens".

>...Spike, given your history with Lockheed Martin, I consider you to be an
industry insider. Do you think this might be something the defense
contractors  would do?

>...How about you, Keith? You are pretty knowledgeable about UFO hoaxing.
What do you think?

>...Stuart LaForge

Any UFO story should be treated as erroneous, a hoax, a mistake, a gag,
something other than what it appears, until proven otherwise, and possibly
even after proven otherwise, because the proof is suspect.

I managed to score tickets to a premier of that new Star Wars movie Thursday
night (it is good (better than Rogue One (even if they don't have any really
cool new robot stuff like K2.))))  In one scene, the Empire battleships show
up after they come down from light speed, shoomp shoomp shoomp, just kinda
appear.  In real life in this universe... that ain't happening.  Not now,
now later, not in a galaxy far far away and long ago, we just aren't going
there and haven't been there.

Without some kind of Hollywoody magic, spacecraft that size will not cross
interstellar gaps.

In the bit bucket with it Avant.