[ExI] Am I the only one freaked out by this? [GOV]

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:04:24 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:54 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> The founders of the Constitution in their stockings and silly wigs were undoubtedly thinking of muzzle loading muskets and flintlock pistols
> when they wrote it, but it can't be denied that the second amendment talks about the right to bear arms, and 10 megaton warheads are most
> certainly arms. So if the literal wording not the intentions of the writer is all that matters then you should be allowed to buy
> 10 megaton warheads at Walmarts.  After all, the founders weren't thinking of AK47s anymore than they were thinking of Thermonuclear Bombs, so if one is
> allowed why not the other?

I imagine the founders were thinking the second amendment would be
about reserving the means to fight the government in much the same way
the founders fought the British

By that logic, we should be able to purchase Halliburton's latest at Walmarts

Of course the government has more money, but it IS our money...