[ExI] b riots: was RE: star trek

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Feb 11 17:53:56 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 9:42 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] b riots: was RE: star trek

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 10:00 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​> ​

I have heard that Milo is a fascist but also a Nazi.  Those two are polar opposites, so which is he?

Polar opposites? I think Mussolini's Italy and Hitler's Germany were more alike than unlike.

Stalin's USSR was more dissimilar ​but even here calling

Nazis and Communists polar opposite

​s​

would be going

​a bit ​

too far.

​John K Clark ​

Ja, from our point of view the Nazis and fascists appear similar, but it depends on how you measure it.  Communism, Nazism and Fascism all have something important in common: down-wing.  They all take rights from the individual citizens and fail to honor the individual’s property rights (among other rights) whereas capitalism is inherently upwing and unfettered capitalism is way up there.

In WW2, the Nazis and fascists worked together temporarily, even though they would have transitioned smoothly into WW3 had they prevailed against the communists and the allies.  In that same struggle, the capitalists and communists worked together in common cause temporarily and out of necessity, even though those two are as inherently incompatible as the Nazis and fascists.

Afterwards, we did what the Axis power would have done had they been victorious: transitioned smoothly into world war 3.  Fortunately for all, that one never went nuclear, but it almost did.  Had the Axis won, I have little doubt the Nazis would have used nukes on the fascists by now.  Their governmental belief systems are as incompatible as capitalism and communism.