[ExI] Introductions

Christian Saucier csaucier at sovacs.com
Sun Feb 12 16:51:15 UTC 2017

Hello Extropians -

As suggested by Spike yesterday, I'm taking a few minutes to introduce
myself to the list.  I've been lurking on ExI for many years, although
despite my wishes, my schedule hasn't allowed me much personal time to
participate in online forums and mailing lists.

You can find pretty much anything public about me on either
https://keybase.io/csaucier or https://www.linkedin.com/in/csaucier

I'm currently working on two main projects:
    - https://www.ripe.io - we use blockchain technology to improve the
local food supply-chains and give consumers more information about the
food we eat.
    - https://www.equibit.org - full-featured distributed alternative
platform to issue and manage corporate equity; our relationship with
existing markets like Nasdaq and NYSE is similar to the relationship
between bitcoin and Bank of America. :)

My interest in Extropy, H+, and expanded lifespans dates back to the
early 2000s.  I have always been an avid sci-fi, technology, and science
reader.  Back in 2000, a good friend of mine (host of the extropy.org
domain) introduced me to the exciting possibilities brought about by
exponential technology growth.  Since then, my outlook on life has never
been the same.

Most of my passions revolve around 3 main attractors:
    - Voluntaryism - Evolving societies without the need for coercive
governance
    - Blockchain Technology - Creating P2P alternatives to more easily
corruptible centralized systems
    - Extropy & the Singularity - Preparing for a future of expanded
lifespan, improved awareness, fun, and amazing discoveries

I'll be attending the Anarchapulco 2017 conference at the end of
February (https://anarchapulco.com/).  I'd love to arrange a
get-together with anyone from ExI who might also be attending!

Cheers!

Christian.