[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 00:48:27 UTC 2017

Yay, I got this in my in box, with a message from gmail saying: "This
message was not added to your spam folder because of a rule you
created."  Thanks, everyone, for helping me to resolve this problem.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for telling me more about the way you think about things. That
will make communication much easier.

I think it is true that "If you know something, there must be something
that is that knowledge."  Would you agree?

For example, you pointed out that you can produce an after image
experience by starring at cyan for a while and then quickly looking at
white.  I think it is very telling about what you are ignoring in this
example, in that you didn't actually say the result was a redness
experience.

You say it is: " 'conjured up' by our visual system."  But I ask you,
what is it, that is conjured up?  Is it not knowledge that has a redness
quality which you can experience as the final result of the processing
of your visual system?

Brent Allsop