[ExI] tumbling pyramids again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 19 18:56:13 UTC 2017

I repent!  Now I think h is not (5/2)^0.5 = 1.58.  Now I think h = 2^.5 =
1.41 is the correct root.

When I calculated it, ended up with a quadratic equation.  Now I realize
only the square root 2 root makes sense.  My nanoGeezer is still in
progress:

After my first cut, shooting for h = 1.58:

My surgeon friend was a mechanical engineering major at the college we
attended.  He did some calcs and somehow convinced himself that h=2 is the
right answer.  It isn't but I wouldn't argue with him because he is about an
order of magnitude smarter than I am.

He ended up with this:

Five grown men tossing a foam rubber nanoGeezer was quite the spectacle, but
fortunately none of our brides recorded the event for preposterity, so there
is no video evidence of the event.  In our world, if it ain't on YouTube, it
never happened.

I am now convinced this higher-density foam rubber won't work, but I have
another idea.