[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 20:59:44 UTC 2017

John K Clark wrote:

"if internal changes to a part produce no changes in the way that part
interacts with other parts then they make no change to the overall
behaviour of the system"

Aha, I think I see now where the difference of opinion lies.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brent is of the opinion that
it /does/ matter what goes on inside the black boxes of interacting
parts, whereas the rest of us don't, as long as the interactions remain
the same.

I hope I'm right, because this suddenly makes sense of what Brent has
been saying.

Not that it's correct, I think it's profoundly incorrect, and I think
there are very good logical and empirical reasons for thinking this, but
at least it's understandable now.

Thanks, John.

Ben Zaiboc