[ExI] Theoretical Breakthrough? Was Re: Do digital computers feel?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:23:11 UTC 2017

Hi John,

Yes, there could be profound changes to the qualitative nature of the
part/system.  For example, if you take a "part" that includes my 3 or
more components that are required for qualitative discern-ability (or
even just the binding neuron), the part could have or be detecting
inverted subjective qualia, but still make the same signals to other
parts as to whether the two representations of knowledge are the same or
not.

Additionally, If you have a part or binding mechanism that could be
neuro substituted the way Stathis proposes, it would lose the ability to
properly detect qualitative differences, when the representations of
knowledge are inverted, as it would not have any correlation to the
actual qualities of the not glutamate or not glycene after the substitution.