[ExI] 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2017

Gregory Lewis gjlewis37 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:19:10 UTC 2017

I'd defer to Anders, but my understanding is it is paradoxically
challenging to keep things cold in space. Space is also a vacuum as well as
at ~ 3k, thus objects principally lose energy by thermal radiation, which
is much slower than convection etc. on earth.

(I note the ISS has a pretty involved cooling system, for example).