[ExI] NASA: go Go GO back to the moon

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:11:06 UTC 2017

On Feb 25, 2017, at 1:28 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan, I would say that your generation was threatened with (not
> promised) a postindustrial dystopia, and the threat is being carried
> out as we speak. Now, how about joining us geezers and going back to
> space?
>
>> On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 24, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So was Apollo ("flags and footprint"ish). But it inspired a whole
>> generation of dreamers, scientists and engineers who built great
>> things, including the internet.
>>
>> Then the dream faded and we got 140 characters, useless apps&scams
>> instead of flying cars and cities on the moon, as Peter Thiel wisely
>> noted.
>>
>> Sometime you need flags and footprints to keep dreams alive.
>>
>> Whoa! I'm o[f] a younger generation. The baby boomers were promised flying cars
>> and all that. My generation was promised a postindustrial dystopia. It seems
>> like we'll get that first. ;)

Of course, I prefer space exploration to postindustrial dystopia, but it looks to me like we're getting a tiny bit of the former with a huge helping of the latter, no? Don't let me be too negative here. If you have suggestions on how to change the ratio in favor of the former, please share them.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst