[ExI] The INCREDIBLE acceleration of the wealth gap

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:59:25 UTC 2017

I've read of rich men, and many of them are workaholics who abandon their
families, work every day, often late.  They became successful in business
or investment, and just kept their plans going and going and going.  Why
quit?  They are invested in or own companies who produce goods and/or
services people are buying.

They buy up unsuccessful companies and turn them around (or sell off the
parts).  This is a good thing.

Now maybe you or I might just stop and enjoy our wealth, maybe go into
charity work like the Gates, but most seem to just keep going.

Why is any of this greedy?  Is there some definition of 'more than their
share' that is being applied?  This is capitalism at its finest, isn't it?
Is it greed because they are not sharing enough of their wealth with
workers?  How would this apply to investors?

Some of them, like Buffett, seem not to even care about their money - it's
a game to them.  Perhaps they think that investing in a good company is
supporting the American Way.

So please defend your definitions of greed.  Show how this money is wrong
and the person is sinfully motivated.  Note that Buffett and Gates, for
two, have challenged others to donate billions to charity (I just don't
know much about the others).

bill w