[ExI] left vs right RE: Universal basic capital was Re: Universal basic income

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:13:00 UTC 2017

On 18 January 2017 at 15:10, Mark Walker  wrote:
> Here's an argument by yours truly that you should support BIG (basic income
> guarantee)  if you are pro capitalism:
> https://markwalkersite.wordpress.com/2016/04/06/first-blog-post/. Hence,
> deciding the left or right wing thing is not necessary for endorsing BIG.

Well, if human labour becomes a negligible part of the means of
production, then a BIG becomes essential to enable humans to purchase
the robot produced goods and services. Really, without human work
being involved I'm not sure that the term capitalism still applies.
And if there are only BIG wages left to tax, that gives governments
the problem of finding the money to provide BIG in the first place.

BillK