[ExI] Folding at Home

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:10:49 UTC 2017

We were pretty active in this a few years ago, with our own team:

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=346

I've started back up again and encourage others to join in.

Folding at home is a crowd-sourced protein folding simulation project that's
attempting to help find the causes of and cures for diseases including
Alzheimer's and Creutzfeldt-Jakob (like mad cow disease). Clients are
available for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Android (but it's compute-intensive,
so you probably don't want it on your phone). On a desktop system it runs
in the background so it doesn't degrade performance significantly. If you
do join, please register with our team, #346.

For more information, see:

https://foldingathome.stanford.edu/

-Dave