[ExI] technology

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:13:35 UTC 2017

but changes in
how we do stuff tend to change how we do stuff.  adrian

I am just sitting here, 75 on the dot, thinking of the 50s when I was a
teen.  Middle middle class, tending towards lower, socks and underwear for
Xmas mostly, one channel on a b and w 21" state of the art TV, manual
hand-held adding machines, cars you could hotwire and actually work on,
radio main source of entertainment, and all the rest.

How did we live without ziploc bags?  Wash and wear clothes?  Food from all
over the world?  We did OK.

Making available what was never available before.  Things better, safer,
faster, easier- that's what tech has done.  Biggest thing: internet. That's
what I would take back to the 50s - well, ziploc bags too.

Let us not forget what we came from and thank science for the difference.
And the techs that applied it.

bill w