[ExI] Lack of nuclear launches

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 18:38:28 UTC 2017

Spike said" A cheerful thought occurred to me: we are already on day 4 of the current regime and not a single unlimited thermonuclear holocaust has been unleashed, not even one little nuclear bomb has been launched.  So far so good."
What if  he can't launch, because the missiles are undergoing maintenance? In the UK, one of the biggest news stories is about a failed Trident missile test and how much our Prime Minister knew before the big vote on spending tens of billions on extending the lifespan of our nuclear deterrent.
Seeing as the missile launched in the west Atlantic failed to go Russia-wards and instead tried to aim for the US, and we bought these missiles from the USA, what if the nuclear deterrent is based on faulty kit sold by defence contractors at a colossal profit knowing they could get away with it for years? Given the Russian troubles with their one aircraft carrier in Syria, I suspect most of the old Cold War kit across the world may not work as advertised.
Tom