[ExI] Am I the only one freaked out by this?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:25:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> All this Shock! Horror! about the future Trump years is because we are
> in the wrong bubble.

No, I think it's because we're outside the bubbles and we've heard what
he's said and seen what he's done in the past years and week.

> If we were in the bubble of the half of the
> population that supports Trump we would be cheering him on now as he
> tries to provide some help to those struggling to pay their rent and
> get food on the table.

You don't seriously think he cares about anyone other than himself, do you?
I mean, of course he "cares" about his family, but Joe Plumber? Don't make
me laugh.

> Half of the people are in dire straits after
> all their jobs have disappeared overseas or are now done by robots.
> Sure, Trump will make many mistakes and do dodgy deals, but so did
> Bush and Obama. In the other bubble, in fly-over country, at least
> they are no longer being ignored by Washington and treated as
> worthless.

Time will tell, of course, but his actions so far don't instill confidence.

-Dave