[ExI] AI poker

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jan 25 19:34:08 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:18 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI poker

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

>>…The AI doesn’t give tells, but it cannot read them either.

>….Is that a fact? Why not?

-Dave

I am confident no one has been able to write code to read tells because we humans don’t know how we humans read tells.

Another example of it is how a human can listen to a French horn and a saxophone play a duet, then write out the score, even getting the key signature right.  Not on the first try of course, but I can do that if I can play it several times.  With all our sophisticated Fourier analysis and all our computer whiz-bangery, we are nowhere close to even that.  Reason: we don’t yet know how our minds can do that task.  But I can assure you, it can do it, and I can demonstrate it.