[ExI] Am I the only one freaked out by this?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:47:51 UTC 2017

On 25 January 2017 at 19:25, Dave Sill  wrote:
> No, I think it's because we're outside the bubbles and we've heard what he's
> said and seen what he's done in the past years and week.

Heh!  :)  You're pretending to be a rational outside observer, aren't you?  :)
This is humans and politics - a rationality no-go area. Emotion rules!.

> You don't seriously think he cares about anyone other than himself, do you?
> I mean, of course he "cares" about his family, but Joe Plumber? Don't make
> me laugh.

The unemployed crowd got him elected. He cares alright. He has four
years to do enough for them to sweep him into a second term. And he
doesn't have to do that much for them either, to get that result.
Their situation is so bad after many years of neglect, that even token
changes will mean a lot.

> Time will tell, of course, but his actions so far don't instill confidence.

After three days you're complaining?  :)  This ship of state will take
years to change direction.

BillK