[ExI] Am I the only one freaked out by this?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:28:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 9:12 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

​>
>> ​>​
>> …In some states, all of them red for some reason, a concealed firearm
>> photo​ ID is good enough to vote but a official photo ID issued by a State
>> University is not. Why do you suppose that is?

​> ​
> Because a state university ID does not prove that one is eligible to vote.
> It doesn’t prove the student is a US citizen, I don’t recall that it lists
> birthdate, doesn’t have a checkbox on there for convicted felon.

That's not what photo ID is supposed to do. John K Clark is already
registered to vote, they are already convinced that John K Clark is a US
citizen and is
​
old
​
enough to vote and is not a convicted felon. When I go to the polls the
only question they might have is
​
"are you
​
really John K Clark?".
​
A photo ID issued by a State University can answer that question just as
well as a concealer carry permit
​
can. The only difference between the two is one gives a hint that I am
likely to vote for Trump and the other a hint that I am likely
​not​
 going to vote for Trump
​, the state legislators knew this and that's why the law is the way it is.
​

John K Clark