[ExI] The Doomsday Clock

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:38:13 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Whether his
> ​ ​
> temper is a risk factor for nuclear war works both ways. If foreign
> nuclear powers think he is reckless, then they are more likely to be
> extra cautious not to upset him too much.

​It's not just his temper and recklessness ​
that worries me, ​it's his ignorance, short attention span, lack of
curiosity about anything except bizarre conspiracy theories, and his
general disconnect from reality that really scares me to death. Imagine
it's 3am and Trump is awaken by a phone call from the Pentagon and the
General on the other end of the line says "Mr. President, Radar has picked
up something crossing the arctic circle and it may be Chinese ICBMs, or it
may be a flock of geese. What do you want us to do?". Who would you feel
more comfortable in getting that phone call, Trump or Obama? Both Obama and
Hillary had their faults but at least they were grownups, but now it's as
if we're handcuffed and locked in a room with a toddler who's playing with
a loaded AK47. And our ability to do anything about it expired on November
8, a day that will live in infamy.

 John K Clark