[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:31:14 UTC 2017

Brent, what do you think would happen if we were to genetically engineer
all the glutamate receptors in the brain to recognise a different
substance that currently has no role in brain chemistry (I'll call it
"pecamate"), and also engineer all the brain cells that currently
produce glutamate under any circumstances to instead produce pecamate
under exactly the same circumstances?

Do you think that this would make the slightest bit of difference to the
functioning, behaviour, qualia, or anything else, of the brain?