[ExI] John's idea

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:30:26 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> How in the world would you ever program an AI to decide which project will
> turn out to be the next iPhone or Hula Hoop?

​I can't give you the computer code to show exactly how but if a AI can
diagnose disease better than any human I see no reason why a AI couldn't
manage a hedge fund better than any human. I don't believe in the secret
sauce theorem, the idea that the human brain has a certain something that
computers can never duplicate. I have always thought this but I figured it
was so far in the future before AIs would have practical significance that
there was no point in bringing it up in a thread about current events or
libertarian philosophy.  I figured wrong, the economic consequences of AI
are relevant right now and will become more so every single day. So my
libertarian beliefs must evolve with circumstances.      ​

> ​> ​
> we all know many cases in many areas, such a book publishing, where a
> great book had to go through a dozen publishers to find one that will print
> it.

​So human capitalists are far from perfect and there is plenty of room for
improvement. Cue ​the robots.

​

 John K Clark​