[ExI] Simulating the brain (was Question for the psych squad?)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 21:33:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
​

> ​> ​
> The circle made by a blacksmith is an approximation of the mathematical
> ideal circle.

​Are you sure it isn't ​the other way around?

> ​> ​
> The hurricane model isn't an ideal that real hurricanes try to achieve.

​
There is no universal agreement on what is ideal and what is not, but I
think it's objectively true that a real Hurricane is a richer more complex
phenomenon than the meteorologist's
​ model of it. It's not clear to me there isn't a similar relationship
between Euclid's circle and a blacksmith's.   ​

​  John K Clark​