[ExI] phthalates

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:59:55 UTC 2017

On 18 July 2017 at 18:25, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Just when everybody was switching to processed frozen foods, etc., here
> comes pollution from mac and cheese and packaging.  Who is going to go back
> to cooking at home?  I already do.
>
> Notice the time frame between adding phthalates to foods and suspecting them
> of health effects.
>
> I have trusted this source for some time now, and have found little BS on
> it.  Rather conservative, in fact.
>
> https://examine.com/nutrition/fact-check-is-boxed-macaroni-and-cheese-actually-toxic/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blog-071817

Phthalates can be detected in almost everything as plastics are so
common in our modern life. As the article says, nobody knows what
level is toxic and whether the traces in food products pose any risk.

Quote:
Phthalates are very common—they are used in cosmetics, skin creams,
pesticides, lubricants, fragrances, pharmaceutical products, etc.,
according to a 2002 report from the Food and Drug Administration.

On the other hand, home cooking with lots of vegetables is indeed to
be preferred over packet meals.

BillK