[ExI] Greener Urban Environment

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 17:47:47 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're talking about two different things.  You're talking about what
> should be, and ways to improve education in general, which is good -
> but I'm talking about what is today, and the relative utility of SR's
> near-term options.
>
> Or are you saying that SR, personally, can accomplish everything
> you're asking here, for at least a significant fraction of humanity?

I'm arguing that a traditional higher education is a bad deal and a waste
of time. Short of fixing the whole system, a person faced with obtaining
the knowledge and skills they desire has at least two choices today: the
traditional expensive and inefficient way, or "rolling their own"
non-traditional education via self learning, online learning,
non-degree-oriented classes, certifications, work experience, etc.

Hopefully in the future there will be an easier non-traditional approach.

-Dave