[ExI] how to help?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:19:26 UTC 2017

It now seems that vets are committing suicide at the rate of 20 or so a
day.  More Vietnam vets have done so than died in combat there.

The VA promises to cut waiting time, is being reorganized, is underfunded,
etc.

I am not a vet but was a clinical psychologist in part, and it seems that
vets and PTSD is being treated like mental illness - i.e. like please just
go away, I don't want to think about you.

Sapolsky, whose book I have finished and will review shortly, says that
brain images had to be shown to Congress so that they understand that a
disease is there, not just some wimpy guys crying themselves to sleep at
night.

Outside of the mentally ill, I just don't know of a group that deserves
far, far more attention than these vets.  Alcoholism, drug addiction,
homelessness, are rampant.

Why would anyone want to go fight a war for the USA?  Especially in
unwinnable wars like we have now.

bill w