[ExI] Hawking urges Moon landing to 'elevate humanity'

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 05:50:01 UTC 2017

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:54 PM spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> ...I haven't read much about a proposed ISS replacement.
>> A bit of searching just finds lots of 'hand-wavy' suggestions. Maybe a
>> Russian station using their module from the ISS, maybe a new Chinese
>> station...BillK

> Oh dear no way.  You know what would happen: the astronauts
> would be up there redistributing the wealth, to each according
> to his need-ing, and so forth, then pretty soon the astronauts
> would get lazy and complacent, pretend to work and the government
> would pretend to pay them, all that.  Bad idea, bad.

Earth to Spike (in case you're not joking), the mainland Chinese don't even seem close to dedicated Marxists these days.

Also, national and international space programs are not exactly free market operations. They are all about redistributed wealth from the tax base to aerospace firms. :)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst