[ExI] Planetary exploration by telepresence

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:20:55 UTC 2017

This is a good paper, but is landing and staying for a while on, say,
Mars, really that more expensive than sending people to Mars orbit to
deploy and operate robots?

Perhaps yes, if we are obsessed about safety. But I would be happy to
volunteer for a Mars mission even if the probability to die there is
50%. Well, I'm too old for that anyway, but I'm sure there are plenty
of young, fit and qualified people who think that way.