[ExI] Extropians 1997: Max More and Nick Bostrom on transhumanism and religion

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 23 10:19:47 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Giulio Prisco
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 2:31 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] Extropians 1997: Max More and Nick Bostrom on transhumanism and religion

Extropians 1997: Max More and Nick Bostrom on transhumanism and religion

Browsing old Extropians mailing list posts I found a 1997 discussion between Max More and Nick Bostrom, no less, including “Christian Transhumanism, Islamic Transhumanism, and (not too far from their current beliefs) Mormon Transhumanism...”

Includes a love letter to the list.

https://turingchurch.net/extropians-1997-max-more-and-nick-bostrom-on-transhumanism-and-religion-61eb9285170b

Cool!  There is reference to the Wired article, which I saw in 1994.  In the early 90s, Eric Drexler was giving occasional lectures in the area on nanotechnology.  I was a big fan of his and went to his talks every time I could.  He was referenced in the 1994 article, which caused me to subscribe to ExI and listen in for a couple years before posting anything.  Many fond memories I have of the wild 90s.