[ExI] Hawking urges Moon landing to 'elevate humanity'

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 18:39:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 12:51 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a plan, I love it. Is there any project to do that, with a
> feasibility study and some funding?

Step 1 is being undertaken by Planetary Resources and others.  They
intend a different step 2 and beyond, but it seems likely the data
will be released publicly, meaning someone else can step in.

There hasn't been a formal feasibility study yet.  Partly I keep
talking about the plan to attract interest from some group that can do
a good feasibility study - formally or informally.  I would imagine
that some on this list might be able to bring the plan to the
attention of one or more groups whose mission includes formal
feasibility studies of this sort of thing.

Obviously, funding waits until after that.  (Though this is one of my
reasons for doing CubeCab: if it succeeds well enough, then I could
perhaps fund most-to-all of steps 2 and 3 - after which, hopefully
enough profits can be generated to make it self-sustaining.)