[ExI] education

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 02:17:13 UTC 2017

On Jun 26, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:25 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems to me that's just a classic liberal arts education of the kind that was popular before colleges morphed into glorified trade schools.
>>
>> ​Why 'just'?
>
> Because the article made it sound like this was some new innovation rather than a style of education that once widespread.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree that a classical liberal arts education is worthwhile.M

While I'm not so sure about it being worthwhile, the idea was that it was liberal in the sense that it was for people who were free and usually didn't have to work -- as opposed to becoming a doctor or a lawyer, no? (Or learning other trades.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst