[ExI] labels, was: RE: GOV _ TRUMP

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 19:29:35 UTC 2017

Take for instance, narcissism.  Plenty of people are that way.  Did they
choose it?  NO!  We were born this way.  I never saw a signup sheet come
around.  So it is genetic!  But I am even weirder: a really humble
narcissist.

 spike

Well now, genetic but not inevitable.  Genes tend to account for only about
half the variance or less in psychological traits.  Learning counts;
environment counts.  Maybe even will power counts.  I was genetically
disposed to like alcohol and tobacco, and I now use neither, and it wasn't
really all that hard to quit.  I can even be extroverted for short periods
of time, like one class period, though two in a row made me hyper.

bill w